Oatmeal isn’t really a recipe per say because just about anyone can make it, but I’m such a dork I actually figured out what toppings the main cast from Princess Ahira would put in their oatmeal–which Azmaveth and Ahira have frequently for breakfast in Princess Ahira. Tonight I’m feeling a burning desire to share my dorkiness with you all, so we can eat Author-Obsessive-Princess-Ahira-Oatmeal together.
Here’s what to do if you don’t know how to make oatmeal. (Not that instant stuff in the little packets, I’m talking about actual oatmeal that you cook on the stove.)
1. Go to the supermarket
2. Buy a box/canister/container of oatmeal.
3. Take said purchase home
4. Read the directions on the container and make your oatmeal.
It doesn’t take long to make, although it does hit your stomach like a sack of potatoes. Still, with the right toppings it is delicious. As a side note I’m not giving you quantities on most of the oatmeal toppings, that’s because you’ll want to flavor them to suit your tastes. Anyway, without further ado, here’s how the Princess Ahira characters flavor their oatmeal.
Ahira: A simple recipe for a simple princess
- Nuts (Pecans or walnuts are best.)
Azmaveth: For the fussy dragon in your life
- Apple chunks (the smaller the better)
- Brown sugar
- dash of cinnamon
- Granola (chocolate granola is the best)
Zerah: Because blue is always better
- Regular white sugar
- Raisins (He’s such a sour grape)
- Milk (He likes his oatmeal soupy)
Aaron: Who cares how it tastes if it feeds ya?
- Nuts or sunflower seeds (Pine nuts or salted nuts apparently taste best with salt and pepper. Don’t quote me on that though.)
Yes, Aaron’s toppings are no joke. That is an actual way people flavor their oatmeal. Granted I think it is an excessively gross way, but whatever floats your boat. Please post any oatmeal ideas you have for the rest of the Princess Ahira crew to share with myself and your fellow Champions! (Can you imagine what Cinders would put in her oatmeal??)